Sunday, July 3, 2011

Summer vacation.....I wish it was longer...and it's just begun!

I love summer vacation.  I love that the kids have NO WORRIES....NO HOMEWORK.....NO SCHEDULE!  I love having them home.....even when they drive me crazy.  There are a few quirks, however, that I need to work out.

An oldie, but a goodie!

For instance, when it's 95 degrees outside....but 62 inside....they say it's too cold to go swimming.  I turn off the AC, and then I SUFFER!  (but at least they are in the pool)

OR, my second favorite "when was the last time you brushed your teeth??".  Isn't that just gross?  It's the first thing I do every day....how can the go two days with YUK MOUTH?

Third....."showers?"  (but if they go in the pool they consider that a BLEACH bath - so I have to agree - it's just easier)

My mother used to say "If I were queen of the school....summer would be 8 months long...and school would be 4 months long".  I have to agree.  Maybe I'll run for "Queen of the Schools".

I've had a horrifying couple of days at work....both works.....and my light at the end of the WORK tunnel is always my kids.....and today I came home and the house was empty.  I'm very sad.  I think 3 are only at the movies with Big Daddy (no note left, may I add), one is working, and one is TOO FAR AWAY TO BE HOME ALL THE TIME....but I really wanted to see them. The "little" ones will be home in an hour, the medium one will be home before 5 and the large one.....should come home next weekend if he really loved his mother.....no pressure.

Only 8 more weeks of summer.  I'm sad already.  I asked BD "when are we going to visit our baby in VB?".  He said "we're NOT.  We've already been three times this year!!".  I said "ok.  I'll just pick a weekend and let you know when it is".  BAM!  That's how you have to do it with CHEAPO's.  The cheaper he gets, the more I spend.  Will he ever learn?  I think I feel a "Dear Big Daddy" note coming on.....UH OH!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!  Come for a burger...and a cold beer!

1 comment:

  1. Perk up, girl! Enjoy the eight weeks, don't waste time and energy fretting about when summer is over. You are lucky to have such a lovely, loving family -- just cherish every moment!

    ReplyDelete