Monday, May 30, 2011

WALK WITH POOPSIE!! (Aids Walk Boston June 5th)

Every year, my Poopsie would do the Aids Walk.   In the beginning, there was a group of his friends that did it together.   Maybe 12....men and women....and my David.    He was so little when he started walking with him!   Then, one year Freddy did it with him! (and now he won't even do it with us!!)   Every year, they would come home with a BAG full of stuff.....snacks, waters, ICE CREAMS THAT HAD MELTED....anything that they could get for free along the way.

Three years ago, I decided that we would ALL walk with him as a family.   It was down to just him and his best friend, Uncle Shakey (nicknamed that because he would often wake up with the SHAKES). I made shirts....we raised money....and off we went.

Here's the RAINBOW LINE UP!


We had a BLAST!!! There was a lot of love that day.....AND GREAT SHIRTS!!



Well, just 6 short months later, we lost Pops. (not as in "no one can find Pops" which SOMETIMES DID HAPPEN, as in he left us to go live with his friends that had gone before their time also). That June, we did the walk again....but missing one team member. It was so sad. Pops had a way of making fun of everyone that we passed, and that we DIDN'T pass since we came in ABSOLUTE LAST out of the 11,000 people that walked. He made fun of me, himself, BD.....no one was safe. And he didn't hide it. He did it to YOUR FACE. It's just the way he was. He'd say "If you're coming to see me, come anytime. If you're coming to see my house, call and make an appointment". He had no use for fakes....frauds.....liars. And he let you know. And it was funny.

Here we are in 2010........



Everyone on the walk was VERY WELL BEHAVED in Pop's memory....except ONE.....


(you can take the girl out of Quincy, but you can't take Quincy out of the girl. Just ask Jim.)

I have two great albums on my FB of 2009 and 2010...and soon 2011! If you'd like to donate, please feel free to do so through my FB page...or you can mail me a check....or stop in with cash. (I believe BD has a Credit Card machine in that brief case of his....or maybe it's a CREDIT CARD SHREDDER??).

Here are the links to the albums:

Aids Walk 2009 FB photo album

Aids Walk 2010 FB photo album

I hope they work!!

This MIGHT work as a link to my AAC fundraising page!  Please let me know if it doesn't!!

DONATE HERE!! For my AIDS WALK...or join our team!!

No comments:

Post a Comment