Tuesday, July 5, 2011

It's a NEW YEAR!! Wait....no it isn't.....

BUT I FEEL LIKE IT IS!!  I decided that I am TIRED of living AMONGST the clutter.  I need to GET RID OF EVERYTHING.  Well, almost everything.  Why do we hold on to so much stuff?  Do we need the ITEM to keep the memory?  Isn't it just enough that we enjoyed it at the time?  WHY IS THERE SO MUCH GUILT ATTACHED TO TOSSING STUFF OUT???


I called in the PROFESSIONAL (not A professional, THE professional).




Jeanne Farulla, Organizer and Thrower-awayer. 

She's the best and the worst all at the same time. (and thankfully she's my sister so she gave me a reasonable rate....free!)  "Have you worn it in the last 6 months?  No?? Then throw it away!".  Ok, summer has just arrived.  I haven't had a chance to wear everything yet.  Jeesh.  But she is right.  I am surrounded by things I don't need.  BUT WHAT IF SOMEONE ELSE NEEDS IT??  I have piles everywhere of things that are for other people.  COME AND GET YOUR STUFF PEOPLE!  IT'S HALFWAY TO THE CURB!!!  (Oh, you don't know it's here??  Well, call me.  I might have something for you.)

My house is full of "what ifs", "maybes" and "somedays".

I had a bin of summer clothing....all plaid....that I love.  I haven't worn a STITCH of it in 3 years.  I didn't even look in the bin...I just slid it to the "yard sale" pile.  Mountain.  Sorry, it's a mountain.  I have 30 summer dresses.  30.  Most of them look the same but just a LITTLE different.  Each of them has at least TWO pairs of matching flip flops to choose from.  (dresses can be very finicky)

What happened to the days of simple living?  I think they ran away with the kids that used to play outside until the streetlights came on.  They are probably very happy somewhere by a pond, fishing with sticks and strings and eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that are warm from being in the sun all day.  (almost as good as eating grapes with a little sand on them at the beach).  I want that life back....but I can't seem to dig myself out of this life in order to get there.  Is there even a shovel BIG enough for that job?  I'm not sure.

BUT TODAY WAS A START!!!

I'm getting rid of FURNITURE, CLOTHING, LINENS, TOYS, HUSBAND, KITCHEN STUFF, BAKING DISHES, POCKETBOOKS, BOOKS, ....you name it, it's going to be OUT THERE!!!

EVERYTHING MUST GO! EVERYTHING!

This is going to be a YARD SALE to BEAT ALL YARD SALES!!

Does anyone have the sale flyers for next weekend?  I might have a little extra spending cash......that just might be burning a hole in the pocket of one of my summer dresses.......

STOP ME!  SOMEBODY STOP ME!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Jeanne! You know Barbie Jordan would be all about getting rid of all that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

    ReplyDelete