Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ask a busy person....they always have time.

I can't remember a day in the last month that I truly had NOTHING to do. I joke and say "finally a day with nothing to do"....but that lasts about 10 minutes. There's always SOMETHING. Always.

Last night I worked my first "night shift". I'm not really "on my own" so it wasn't bad at all! I actually enjoyed it. I slept for about 3 hours before I went in at 11, worked til about 7:30 then got home slept until about 11 (until the guy across the street decided to mow his lawn with a mower that sounds like it is STRUGGLING to stay on). DOESN'T HE REALIZE I WAS SLEEPING??? This is the SAME guy that thought it was ok to shove ALL of his leaves down the sewer last fall. (I wonder how his basement is doing after 10 days of RAIN??)I got up and went in to help out the school nurse for a while. I love those kids.

So, while working last night, I saw so many people that depended on someone else for the most basic things. Help to use the bathroom at 3am. Help moving in bed at 4am. Help putting on socks at 5 am. I decided right then to try to NEVER BE TOO BUSY. Try. AND MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, a little of that will rub off on those that believe they ARE too busy to stop and help....and they will in turn not make someone wait....that they'll stop and think "that might be ME one day".

(As part of my "dedication to always having time", I made a little photo album....dedicated to my tallest friend...from the pill. Please enjoy it on my FB page!)

No comments:

Post a Comment