Monday, April 18, 2011

Lucky!

How lucky is THIS!  I never wanted kids when I was in school (uh, in school the FIRST TIME).  I said "I'll buy fancy cars and live in NYC".  Now, I buy Suburbans and live in the suburbs with the Fab 5 and BD.  BIG DADDY never wanted to get married OR have any KIDS.  Hmmmmmm??  Match made in heaven?  Maybe.  Maybe not.

There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not thankful for everything I have.  HOWEVER, some days I just want to give it all back and stay in bed.  But that doesn't last long. THERE IS NO TIME TO STAY IN BED.

KIDS....DOGS.....COUPONS......BD......WORK.....MORE WORK.....there is just SO MUCH TO DO!

I used to lie in bed at 6 am....when the kids were all little....and think to myself....."only 13 hours til bedtime.  How will I get through the day?"  Now, I'm in bed before them and I wake up before them just so I can have that HOT CUP OF COFFEE and make their lunches....and hot breakfast.  Then, I can't wait for them to wake up. It wasn't always like that.

When I think back it makes me so sad....and happy all at the same time.  I tried to enjoy every day.  Tried.  I had to stop myself and think "they didn't ASK to be here.  I wanted them to be here."  It worked.  The payoff is that they are the BEST BOYS EVER (not always)....except for the big boy......he can be a sweet PIMA.  (more on that LATER).

1 comment:

  1. Came across this somehow but I love your story ❤️

    ReplyDelete